Social media channels connect people wherever they are in this world. It creates bonds and relationships, sometimes reunites people long lost in time.
With millions of users around the globe, it is a good market source to for potential customers.
Businesses also find social platforms as reliable tools for implementing different kinds of marketing techniques and strategies particularly Link building and Content Management
As we go through this article, we will review all about link building strategy and social media link building strategies.
It is not new to those of us in the digital marketing industry hearing the use of Social Media platforms to boost Link building. But for beginners, you may ask, ”what is Link building?”
Link building refers to the process of acquiring another website to link to your website and vice versa. It is one of the many strategies used in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Building quality links will help your website to rank up and appear in top search results.
When your site appears in the top results, it becomes more visible to the users thereby standing a better chance of receiving more clicks or traffic.
This traffic or visitors present an opportunity to convert and become your prospect leads. The more visitors you get to your site, the more chances you get to close a sale or achieve your set objectives.
What is the connection between social media and link building?
A good link building strategy goes way beyond giving and getting a link back to your website. It focuses on continuous engagement which gradually builds good relationships. The focus should be on people who can share or link to your content.
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, among others present a variety of communities that you can choose to engage with to build these relationships.
Relevant or interesting content will be shared by the community increasing your brand awareness and visibility.
How it works?
Social links may not directly impact your search ranking, but will help you get more traffic for your website and other areas of link building such as:
- Finding new prospect links
- Getting New ideas for your next content
- The social media platform is an effective channel for your content promotion.
Benefits and Advantages of Social Media Link building
Favourable circumstances create a valuable result. The use of social media links presents several advantages for businesses. Here with a few benefits resulting from the use of social media.
Increase in Local Citation
Local citation is when your business or brand is mentioned by other sites that you are not linked to. Local citations are a major part of search engine algorithms. They show that your business is reputable enough for people to talk about online, and they help search engines understand where you’re located, what you do, and more.
Social Media is also largely used by people trying to find local businesses that can provide for their needs. Businesses take advantage to discover nearby areas where their product or service can dominate.
Increase your Domain Authority
Content that is shared to the different social media platforms builds your website authority, credibility and ranking. Your domain authority represents how successful your website is. Read further content strategy.
Boost your Brand Awareness.
As mentioned above, social media is a powerful tool to increase your brand awareness and visibility. It gives a chance for your conversion to spike. The more people get to know your product or services, the more the possibility of getting sales.
Feedback, Suggestions and Satisfaction.
Social media users are active. You can gather feedback, suggestions and satisfaction comments. It is the best way to test a new product before launching. It can also develop your social engagement and thus earn the trust and loyalty of your prospective customers.
Feedback helps you identify areas for improvement, while the satisfaction comment drives the numbers of new customers and retains customers. Suggestions create new ideas that may contribute to your business growth.
When it comes to marketing expenses, social media offers the cheapest approach to marketing strategy. It is free, from your page promoting to the audience’s shares and engagements. It is worth investing especially for beginners.
It has an analytical tool that helps you with tracking and monitoring the status of your marketing outreach. Also, reports generated from social media will help you identify what you need to enhance to reach your goal.
How to Set up your Social Media for Link Building
Spreading the word of your brand means creating more roots in your channels through setting up of your social media profiles or account.
Setting up your Facebook Page
When setting your Facebook page, do not mix your personal profile and business profile. It’s a violation and you may face penalties if you use a personal account for business.
You can create your business profile with this path:
|business.facebook.com/overview > Create account > Enter the name of your business and other required details > click Submit.|
Here are other fields that you need to set up:
- Profile picture. Use PNG instead of JPG. It has better results with a 170 x 170 px logo.
- Cover or wall photo. 820 x 312 px image with at least 400 x 150 px.
- Business Location
- Operating hours
- A brief idea about your business
- Call to action tab
- Verification of account
You can also take a free training course from Facebook to learn more about a business page set up.
Setting your Instagram Profile
Setting your Instagram profile is connected with your Facebook profile. Make sure that details are filled out correctly before creating your Instagram. Facebook owns Instagram, therefore, you will use the same platform to make your business profile.
You can follow this path to create your profile:
|Profile > Settings >Account> Switch to Professional Account > Business > Option to link your Facebook Page to your business profile > Add details > click done.|
Here are other fields that you need to set up:
- Your business contact details such as email address, phone number and business location
- Your ”contact” button.
- Your business logo. It has to be a 160 x 160 px circle.
- Business Information. Describe your business in 150 words. You can include your product or service branding and hashtags linked to your page.
- Your website’s URL. It is an option for you to add your URL, an email subscription, or your landing page.
- Connect your other social media accounts. You have the option to link your other channel accounts like Twitter and Facebook. Make sure that business details from different channels are matching.
After setting your business account, you will turn it to your business page. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your business account. ( You can add up to five Instagram accounts)
- Go to your account setting.
- Choose ”Switch to Business Profile”.
- Continue to connect your Facebook account.
- Select the Facebook Page you want to link to your Instagram account.
- Your Facebook details will automatically fill in other information to your Instagram account.
- Make sure that contact details are correct and active for sudden queries.
Also, Facebook offers helpful blogs and videos to learn more about promoting your business on Instagram. Visit the Instagram Business Blog for videos, blogs, tips, and more.
Setting your LinkedIn Profile
When it comes to B2B businesses, LinkedIn is top-rated among the social media channels. LinkedIn is perfectly fit for a business-to-business network.
LinkedIn for businesses creates an engaging network and establishes business credibility. There are more than 30 million companies that use LinkedIn., either small or big businesses.
Your profile includes your personal information and how you can network a business with others. There is also an option for you to make your ”showcase page” and ”company page”.
On a company page, you can highlight your company brand, updates, news, and more. Also, you can use the page for posting job opportunities and your company’s values and culture. LinkedIn showcase page is where you can establish a community and interact with followers.
Here are the profile requirements before you can create your business page:
- Your personal profile needs to be at least seven days old.
- You are an active employee of the company you listed on your account.
- You have the company contact details like the confirmed email address.
Here the other field that you need to set up:
- Your Company Page URL. The URL must include at least one non-numeric character. Also, it begins or ends with a hyphen.
- Company Information ranges between 250–2,000 characters.
- Company Logo has to be 300 x 300 px.
- Your company cover image has to be 1536 x 768 px.
You can also check Linkedin Learning for further information about setting your LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn courses are for premium accounts. It offers a lot of tutorials and tips that are worth the investment.
Setting your Twitter Profile
Twitter is a social media site whose purpose is to connect people and share their thoughts with a bigger audience. For the business, having a vast audience is a huge opportunity to make sales. Twitter enables you to set up multiple accounts.
What challenges the user is the number of characters you can input. You have to choose wisely your words. Remember, tweets must be short yet informative.
Here the field that you need to set up:
- Profile Picture should be in 400 x 400 px.
- Header Photo is 1500 x 500 px.
- Your username is formatted like @yourcompanyname.
- Company Description has a maximum of 160 characters. You may also include your keywords.
- Verify your Twitter account
Verified accounts establish trust and credibility. You may check ’Twitter Basics for business’ for more building tips.
Social Media Strategies and Techniques
Social media has an enormous impact on making your sales spike. Research shows that social media strategy is an effective way to earn links. It helps you to rank up your site.
Here are several techniques to generate links using social media channels.
1. Compose your website content.
After creating your social media profiles, you can use your profiles to share your website content. It is a better way to start earning links.
You may also include the content link to any of your cover photos, images, and post description. Make sure that your content is accessible to be shared by the readers.
2. Check your customer’s review
Reviews and testimonies are beneficial for your product or services. They can give you social evidence, retain your content fresh due to comments and reviews, and it can boost your social engagement.
How do your customers’ reviews help you to get links?
- they boost your social media profile in search engine results.
- they help your keywords rank.
- Positive reviews get the trust of existing and lure in a new audience.
The following are examples of how you can gather customer reviews;
- send customers an automated email to review a product or service after a purchase.
- Offer something in exchange for a review. Most of the reviews are coupons or discounts for the next purchase.
- Proactively monitor and take immediate action towards negative reviews.
- Make an announcement or post that you are giving a reward for reviews.
3. Monitor mentions in social media.
Mentions from audiences are evidence that they are aware of your existence. Getting links is easier. There is Social link building software that helps you to find brand mentions. One of them is Mention.
Mention is a perfect tool to monitor brand mentions online. It is a real-time tool that you will know if someone tagged you or your business.
4. Social media influencers
The use of a famous personality and a brand ambassador is not a new strategy in business. There are a lot of benefits in using an Influencer:
- Increase the audience.
- Build customer’s trust.
- The audience can easily remember your brand.
5. Use Images, Videos, and Infographics
Images, videos and infographics are the most often shared content on social media. Research shows that most of the audience can understand more of the content by looking at a visual representation.
Sharing any visual representation will give you a link. You need to embed the link to an infographic or any sharable content. People may find it easier to share an image rather than an article.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other channels may be called a Social media link generator. They can give you quality links as long as your strategy is well executed. Discovering a new platform that will contribute to the growth of your business. Discoveries are still trial and error to begin with. Remember, there’s no harm in trying.