Man has made tools and in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), we cherish the use of tools in running various marketing campaigns to collect data, analyse, report and act on their findings.
Lucky for us in the current digital marketing industry, we have options on what tools to use.
Tools are devices used to carry out a specific function in a way that makes that function or task easier to manage. Similarly, intangible software tools help to fix and manage errors, updates, forecasts and understand big data that cannot manually be computed.
There are numerous tool options that can become overwhelming and confusing to understand.
Fortunately for you, this article has streamlined and will shed some light into the top and best link building tools efficient today. Tools for SEO enable marketers to run smart campaigns that result in achieving various business goals.
A Recap: The Important Role of Link Building to Businesses
If you are one of the million people looking and searching for an answer on Google. We can safely say that you are one of the beneficiaries of SEO and link building.
Link building is an essential process towards Google’s ranking algorithm. It is the process of acquiring and building quality links, (also known as backlinks) from other websites and getting them to also link back to your website.
What are backlinks? And are they all the same?
Backlinks can be an ”inbound link” or an ”outbound link”. A backlink comes from a connection of two different websites linked together. Look at the image below.
Courtesy of Moz
The image shows the relationship between a website and backlinks. These links are an essential element in a Link building campaign. They produce signals to search engines that vouch for your page. If there are many websites linked with yours, these backlinks will positively boost your site’s ranking.
Benefits of using white hat link building strategies
- Effective link building earns higher SEO scores. SEO scores like Domain Rating, Domain Authority, Page Rank, and more are metrics that get affected when there is positive fluctuation in the campaign. The higher the results, the wealthier the website.
- Promote your website’s credibility and reputation. Google ranks pages or websites depending on its Website Authority. A website with high authority is more likely to be promoted and recommended by the other sites.
- Link building establishes a good relationship with your niche. Google says you must focus your link building strategy in your chosen industry niche. Being connected with people or organizations in the same industry allows your business to get new opportunities in the future.
- It builds your brand awareness and visibility. Being placed on the first-page result of Google, attracts more people to visit the site. You earn most of the audience’ views.
- Links build the continuous flow of website traffic. Building quality links will give you a lifetime of website traffic or brand visibility as long as they will not be removed.
- Link building helps better brand exposure and visibility. With different link building techniques, you can develop and give better brand exposure to your niche. Social media and other platforms can be your new market to advertise your company.
- Link building can offer good quality content for your audience. It provides informative and educational content that helps the audience to drill for further detailed information.
Is Link Building Still More Productive Today Than Before?
It’s a big yes! Link building is still fruitful today. Previously, website content was composed poorly with random links attached to its body. Google’s update geared users to rectify spammy and low-quality content or risk being penalized.
Google aims to rank up pages that follow white hat techniques with a natural flow of keywords in its content and those that strive to offer the best page user experience.
Modern Link building is now more creative and competitive than when it started. It keeps the race phase challenging and artistic as marketers learning more day by day.
Which Types of Links are the Most Valuable?
Some links are more valuable than others, such as Dofollow links. These are links directly from another site recognized by Google. They make worthy links that pass authority down to your site.
On the other hand, Nofollow links do not contribute to your site’s rating. They do not boost pagerank and do not support a page’s placement in the search engine results page.
They do however allow you to prevent spam sites from using comments to improve search rankings. Nofollow link is a fundamental tool in ensuring that spam websites do not take advantage by cheating their way to the top of search rankings.
Other link types such as Co-citation links and Text attributions can contribute to the growth of your campaign. However, Dofollow links earn the title of being the most valuable link.
- Local SEO Company
- Local SEO Keyword Research
- Local Citations List
- Local SEO Checklist
- Local SEO Tools
- Best Local SEO Software
- Local SEO Audit Guide
- SEO in High Wycombe
Which is the best link building strategy?
In previous years, the core part of link building was about obtaining as many links as one could get to one’s website regardless of the relevancy to one’s web content or source.
This strategy and its techniques have over the recent years become redundant. Google realised that this offered poor user experience, spammy, unbeneficial to the user and quite frankly a nuisance.
As a result, the pursuit of quality links has become one of the most important factors for a webpage to stand a chance on ranking at the top in google’s search engine results page. Earning links from relevant website sources, White Hat Link Building, especially those with a high domain rating, enhances one’s web authority and instills trust in its users.
There are several tactics in white hat link building. The following are our chosen and recommended among the rest.
HubSpot stated that businesses generate an average of 97% more inbound links because of blogging. Guest blogging earns popularity among businesses.
Courtesy of Neil Patel
Writing a blog can be a good source of earning links but make sure to do it the right way. Conduct research on what you need to know before writing your blog to avoid getting penalized.
Here are samples you need to study:
- Study your audience’s wants. What are your audience preferences and intentions?
- Study what the trendy topics are. Know which contents are famous and easy to get shares.
- Study how blogging affects user’s experience. It can help you to write influencing and well-structured content.
Infographics are rocking social media platforms such as Instagram. They generate influence on the growth of every campaign.
Pictures and infographics are eye catching. A study has further proved that more people learn through visual text than reading. It’s a good step to reach out to how your audience perceives things.
Get involved in social media groups and communities.
Social media plays an essential role in boosting your brand awareness and exposure. It can also give you links that can help to strengthen your campaign. There are a lot of opportunities you can get from engaging your brand to different social media platforms among others;
- boosted social engagement between your brand and your audience.
- Establishes relationships between new and prospective clients.
- Ability to increase website traffic.
Use Trusted sites as your resource links.
Aim to link to websites that are well-known and have already earned the trust of their audience. Such trusted links make your content a reliable source of information. Using resource links to include in your article can give you more backlinks.
After writing and having inserted their links on to your content, you may reach out to their moderator to seek that they share your content with their readers. From there, you can earn links from your resource page.
Level up your broken link strategy.
Although chasing broken links is an old-style technique to earn links, it’s still fruitful today. Its process is very straight forward. You have to look for a broken link and ask the webmaster that you have the best option to fix and bring it back to life.
Develop your branding.
Your branding is one of the link building strategies that should be growing over time. The company’s branding should talk about its mission, goals and perspective. It is the idea that will remain in your audience’s mind if the content is consistent.
Check your competitor.
In this business world, checking your competitor is not a bad thing to do. It is a smart move to conduct studies and analyze tactics of your opponents, monitor areas that need improvement and plan how to outplay them.
Monitor your existing Backlinks.
It’s not just about earning links but also monitoring your existing backlinks. Set a monthly audit to your campaign so you can monitor your metrics as well as your remaining backlinks. From the results of your campaign audit, you can identify lapses and broken links that need fixing.
- Local SEO Company
- seo firm london
- technical seo consultant
- local seo services uk
- link building company
Why Use Tools in Link Building After All?
It only leads to one answer, maximizing time, working smartly. Tools help us to use our time productively. There are a lot of tasks to do in running an SEO campaign. Choosing the right tools for your campaign can run your business smoothly. Here are few more advantages you can get from using Website link building software tools in your campaign.
- They help you to extract results for analyzing and check if your strategy is effective or not.
- Tools can give you straight-forward graphs, figures and numbers of your campaign enabling you to understand the status of your link building strategy.
- They offer you suggestions and recommendations on how to deal with declines.
- They guide you to the latest updates of how Google ranks up a page.
- Reports extracted are real-time so that you can take necessary action towards the declines.
how will you know if you are using the right tools for your campaign?
Top SEO Link Building Tools Picked by Experts in 2021
Ahrefs earns the spotlight among marketers. It is an all-in-one SEO tool that gives you multiple features that is very helpful. The software tool is known for fast and accurate reports of your profile.
Besides being known in backlink Analysis, it can also perform different unique features that only Ahrefs can do.
We listed the things that you can only see using Ahrefs.
Keyword research for ten different search engines
This feature is pretty unique because some of the tools can only show metrics for Google. We cannot deny the fact that we also need other search engines to get traffic. Ahrefs supports the following search engines below.
- Yandex (Russia);
- Baidu (China);
- Daum & Naver (South Korea);
- Seznam (Czech Republic)
You can toggle the drop-down button to switch between the choices. It will allow you to view the results of the keyword in different search engines.
Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer ”click” feature
Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer has an incredible feature that you can extend beyond the search results. It can give you numbers of search volume same as the estimated quantity of clicks on a search engine result. This feature helps marketers to determine if the keyword is worth targeting.
This image above gives us 64,000 search volumes for a specific term. And there are only 9,000 clicks for the same word. That means Google shows a quick answer related to the keyword resulting in a low rate for clicks. Unlike the image below, there is a lesser search volume than click results. Therefore, there are many clicks because people are looking for an answer using the same keyword
You can get the expected total search traffic for the top ten ranking pages.
Most SEO experts examine the search volume of a keyword to foretell the site’s organic traffic capability. And here comes the problem, pages don’t lead to rank using a single word keyword. It ranks according to its variations. Based on Ahrefs’ studies, long-tail keywords are much possible to rank up than single keyword terms.
To estimate the number of possible traffic of a keyword, you can use the ”SERP overview” report in Ahrefs’ Keywords Explorer. It can give you a monthly traffic number for the top-ranking pages.
It can give you graphs related to your backlink’s growth and declines.
Ahrefs is also excellent for web crawling, as they invest in new technology and infrastructure to give users an updated backlink graph every day.
With the use of graphs, you can identify the increase and declines of your domains. Moreover, you can spot negative SEO attacks.
”Top Subfolders” feature
The tool allows you to check and understand your competitor’s website structure using the ”Top Subfolders” feature. This feature allows you to view yourself in international traffic.
Analyze SERP history.
This feature allows you to investigate and analyze the SERP history of a particular keyword. It can give you a glimpse of the search battle among companies. Here’s an example:
The page will give you the top 5 pages ranked in the ”Link building” keyword for the past few months. It is worth analyzing as this will give you cues on how your competitor came up with their current ranking and how you will outplay them.
Content analysis gap for content strategy enhancement
Ahrefs can give you a content analysis gap for content strategy improvement. Other software tools also offer content analysis, but this one is different.
If Google finds your content not enough for its niche, this feature can help you reveal subtopics to include in your article. It will develop your content structure in your future writings.
Track and monitor your website’s outbound links.
Links are your campaign’s soul. It is essential to keep track of your external links like broken links. You can check your broken links under the outgoing links.
Sometimes webmasters accidentally remove the link or have something changed on the page. You can email the webmaster and ask to re-live the link.
Content Explorer for link prospect
You can use the ”content explorer” to look for your link prospects. It has a searchable database of over 1 billion web pages with the complete established metrics such as:
- Domain Rating (of the parent website)
- The number of referring domains
- The volume of organic search traffic
- The word count
- Live/broken links
- Publish date
- Updated date
How to utilize this feature?
- Search and look for relevant terms or phrases in the content pages
- Then, sort or filter pages with zero referring domains with more than 500 monthly search visits.
- From there, you can select and determine topics that you can rank up even without building backlinks.
Internal backlinks analysis
It can create a quick analysis of the backlinks of any website. Ahrefs can give you the website’s internal links. You can check these by heading to ”The Best Pages by Incoming Links” under the Site Explorer, then select the ”Internal” tab option. It will allow you to view the number of internal links on each website’s page.
You can explore the actual URLs and the linking anchor texts by tapping the blue numbers. Also, it is an easy way to do an internal links audit. To determine what things you should adjust.
After all, it does not yet include Ahrefs ranking tracker and site audit tools. Ahrefs can offer a lot of features to help you run your operations. These features make the software tool win fame among the rest.
Ahrefs trial offer, Pricing, and Plans
There are four different plans that Ahrefs offers for the subscription.
- Lite: $99/month
- Standard: $179/month
- Advanced: $399/month
- Agency: $999/month
They have a seven days trial period that costs $7. You can access Ahrefs Lite or Standard plan without limitations. Although there are free tools that can help you run your operation, It’s good to invest in something that will help you run your campaign. Aim at least a standard plan for a smooth support system for your link-building operation.
HubSpot is an SEO tool that can assess your links and their contributions to your campaign. This software tool can tell you how effective your links to your brand are. HubSpot allows you to track domains links to your website, the total number of links from that website, and it can show you sites connected to your competitors so you can add them to your target websites.
Screaming Frog is also one of the SEO expert’s tools. Use this software in monitoring backlinks and producing accurate reports. Its reports allow you to go completely checking and understand the status of your backlinks. Screaming Frog secures that your links are working fine
It is an SEO software tool dedicated to backlink analysis. What makes it different is it specializes in backlinks. It does keyword research, SEO website audits, and On-page analysis, totally 100% backlinks-related jobs.
In this photo, you can notice backlink’s metrics easily including,
- Trust Flow
- External Backlinks
- Referring Domains
- Referring IP Addresses
- Citation Flow
- Topical Trust Flow
- Indexed URLs
- Crawled URLs
- And more
You can expand and explore each metric for in- depth understanding of the analysis. Here are some of the reports that Majestic can give you:
- Topics Report. It is an analysis of where your backlinks came from another website.
- Backlinks Report. Just like most SEO tools, you can extract the data as CSV or in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Context Report. It is a unique feature that many haven’t discovered yet. This report is about the density and the location of most of the links located on a page.
- New and lost links Report. It is where you can find the recently acquired links and links that were lost.
- Anchor Text Breakdown Page. It is the page where you can check the most common anchor text that people use to connect to a page.
- Pages Report. It includes the pages on the website that earns the most backlinks. Pages Report is the counter-part of ”Best by links” in Ahrefs and ”Indexed Pages” to SEMrush.
Majestic SEO Pricing
Here is the Majestic’s pricing for your reference:
We can say that Majestic is way cheaper than Ahrefs. Although it doesn’t have a trial plan, you can start purchasing the lite plan.
SEMRush is a software tool that helps marketers to optimize websites on search engines. It has over 6 million users and one of the most popular SEO tools in the market. Here are the features of SEMRush that can help you to improve your website ranking.
SEMrush Backlink Analysis tool
The backlink analysis portion in SEMRush allows you to get and view a list of backlinks, including:
- The anchor text in every backlink
- The number of the website domain links to yours.
- The information of your backlinks like IP addresses.
The page lets you see every piece of information laid on the page. From there, you can tell the status of your campaign.
SEMRush Backlink Gap Tool
SEMRush Backlink Gap tool gives you an idea of how backlink profiles differ from one another. It allows you to compare five websites at once. By doing this, you can identify gaps between competing sites. Here are the steps to use the SEMRush Backlink Gap tool:
- Add your competitor’s root domains, subdomains, or URLs. At the same time, you can compare multiple subdomains. It can be a domain with the same URLs, domain to a subdomain, URLs to a subdomain, or any combination between the options.
- Look for the Backlink Gaps. SEMRush will give you a graph and table representing the relation and comparison between the website’s backlink profiles.
- Check missed opportunities. You can view the backlinks opportunities you are missing and use them as your next link-building objective.
The good point of using this is the user can transfer up to 100 domains directly to the SEMRush Link building tool. By adding them, you can do outreach to these domains to help them with their backlinks opportunities.
SEMrush Link Building Tool
For many SEO tools, everyone is looking for a wow factor in how it differs from the usual. But how does the SEMRush Link building tool differ from the others? Here’s a glimpse of its Features and Reports:
- You can configure, set up, and personalize your Link building Tool. You can add up to ten target keywords as well as your competitors. Also, SEMRush will give you a list of links opportunities and prospects related to your keywords.
- After configuring your Link building tool, SEMRush will pull out data to analyze your campaign. It will give you an overview report about your progress. This report allows you to review and add your prospects.
- Link building Email Outreach. Now you have an idea of opportunities that you can pursue. You have to pitch for links by doing your email outreach. What’s good with SEMRush is you can connect and access your mailbox. It supports Outlook, Gmail, Exchange Online, and Office 365.
- Monitor your backlinks over time. You can Filter your links, Import Domains, Update data in the report result, and Export Backlinks to a CSV file.
SEMrush Brand Monitoring Tool
Just like Ahrefs, SEMRush is an all-in-one SEO tool that helps marketers in their campaigns. It has an in-depth analysis of your current link building strategy status. It is highly recommended and used by well-known organizations and SEO experts due to its usage.
The tool lets users trace, tag, and sort the mentions of their brand whenever it pulls out of the web. Your brand mentions can be sort of like an email inbox.
Also, you can search your brand mentions by date, phrase, and assign sentiments. Tagging sentiments like positive, negative, and neutral will help you to interpret your brand reputation.
SEMRush helps marketers with their link building strategies with its PR tools, ability to track trends in a specific industry and distinguishing opportunities for improvement.
SEMRush pricing, plans, and options
There are four different plans available for SEMRush:
- Pro: $119.95 per month
- Guru: $229.95 per month
- Business: $449.95 per month
- Custom: negotiable
There is a 16% discount for users that will avail of an annual plan. What’s good about SEMRush is, they have a seven days trial for Pro and Guru Plans. You can explore the tool before subscribing to it.
Google SEO tools
It may sound like a monopoly, but it’s not what you think. Google releases different kinds of tools for the market to keep in track. Google tools are to help webmasters’ audiences to feel the best customer experience whenever they browse Google.
Here are the several Google tools that are still welcoming 2021.
Google Search (Search Operators)
You might wonder why some people use special characters when searching for something in a search engine. But what is the essence of using symbols in using Google?
Google search operators are symbols, characters, and commands that help users to narrow down results. In this way, Google can give you the most relevant answer to the query. Furthermore, it is also helpful to marketers for SEO research.
Google Search operators character sheet
There are 25 different special characters and split into three categories: ”Basic”, ”Advanced”, and ”Unreliable”.
Basic Google Search operators
” “ – Used in phrases to look for exact-match.
OR – is used to find similarities between terms.
| – this pipe character is equal to ”OR”.
( ) – It uses as to control in which they shared in the same group.
– – Place between keywords to exclude the term from the results.
* – Use to get a result will match on it in any words
#..# – Are used alongside a range of numbers to find answers in between.
$ – Used to search prices in a dollar currency.
€ – Used to search prices in a Euro currency.
in – It is used to convert between two equal units.
Advanced Google Search operators
intitle: – Use to find exact quotes, phrases, or page’s title.
allintitle: Same as various intitle, uses to find every page title for a single term.
inurl: – Uses to find a word or a phrase within the document URL.
allinurl: -Same as various inurl, uses to find URL in every single term.
intext: – Uses to search a word or phrase within the body of a document text.
allintext: Same as various intext:’s. Used to look for the text in the body of the document.
filetype: -Uses to find a matching file like PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, and TXT.
related: – This only works on larger domains. Uses to get back sites connected to the target domain.
AROUND(X) – Returns results in which two terms are within the stated (X).
Unreliable Google Search operators
~ – Uses to include synonyms.
+ – Uses to look exact-match on a phrase but is deprecated with the launch of Google+.
daterange: – Use to get a result within the stated date range.
link: – This Google search operator deprecated in early 2017 and used to search pages linked within a domain.
inanchor: – Use to look for linked pages with a defined phrase or an anchor text.
allinanchor: – Uses to look for all single terms after using ”allinanchor” in the inbound anchor text.
Google search operators tricks and tips
Google search operators are much more powerful when used with other operators. Here are some tricks and tips on how you can combine operators to get better search results.
- Chain operators together. You can use different operations in a combo style to come up with good results.
- Trace plagiarized content. You can track down your content if someone is plagiarizing you. Extract a unique phrase from the body of your content. Then, put the quotes after the ”intext:” operator, and except your site using ”-site:”
- You can use operators to Audit your HTTP to HTTPS switching. Transitions from HTTP to HTTPS is quite challenging to some, but you can use the ”site:” operator on your domain root and exclude the page with ”-inurl:”
There is a lot to explore using the Google Search operators. It helps you to get the most relevant answer from millions of pages.
Alerts and notifications give us the updated happenings on what they are into something. Just like Google Alerts, it is a free notification by Google that sends emails to subscribers.
How Google Alerts help marketers?
There are a lot of advantages you can get from activating Google Alerts, such as:
- You will know every time the company’s name is mentioned and by what site.
- You can stay aware of comments and suggestions about the products and by whom.
- When a company’s executives are mentioned, they can affect the reputation of the organization. It is good to know if a content tagged them.
- It increases customer’s activities awareness that helps businesses in supporting them.
- You can also receive notifications of your competitor’s progress and developments.
- You can get the latest trends in the e-commerce business by following influencers.
- You will receive alerts on up-to-date happenings in specific industries and technologies. Don’t lose sight of what is new in the market. Being involved in trendy topics builds expertise in the eye of your customers.
Google Sheets is a free access spreadsheet program by Google. It also comes with Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Drawings, Google Forms, Google Sites, and Google Keep.
It is very famous among the users. Aside from being free, it has the same powerful computations as an excel file best for businesses. What’s best is that it has an access level that everyone can use. Perfect for school and businesses.
If you are into black SEO before, you might know Scrapebox as they are well-known as the first automated black hat SEO tool. But now, after five years, they are clearing all the spam issues related to them.
Now, Scrapebox is working with link audit, on-page SEO, and White hat SEO. This tool does what it’s named. It scrapes information out of the web. Here are its several features:
- Collect proxies
- Sitemap scraper
- Can make you an RSS feed
- Gather keyword ideas
- You can massively comment on a blog.
- Find long-tail keywords.
- You can harvest keywords or phrases for your Outreach Guidelines.
- It can harvest up to 1,000 backlinks in a few clicks.
- WHOIS scraper used to lookup multiple URLs at the same time.
- You can check outbound links lost from your website.
- Scrapebox can check websites with Malwares and Phishing websites.
- Scrapebox is an excellent tool for rapid indexing a page.
- It can identify total page rankings.
- It can remove duplicate contents.
- Meta Scraper
Scrapebox is the cheapest tool out in the market. It is $97 for lifetime use. Also, some users bought Scrapebox in Blackhat Market for a discounted price of $57 only. Cheapest right? But don’t let the darkness get you. Repentance is always at the end.
Spammy techniques are already there, and that may lead you to get penalized. You can utilize the good things that this tool can do and leave behind bad practices that can harm your campaign.
HARO or ”Help A Reporter Out”
HARO or ”Help A Reporter Out” is an online service that collects information and knowledge from those with more experience in a particular subject. It aims to help journalists, bloggers, and writers to save time from sourcing.
How HARO contributes to the success of Link building?
We all know that HARO can give you the best sourcing of information for creating quality content. Contents are needed for Link building development, especially if you are into a Content strategy.
Benefits you can get from using HARO.
- It can boost your website traffic with the help of quality content.
- An increase in website traffic indicates a positive pull in other metrics, such as getting more leads, brand awareness, and more.
- Build your website authority due to positive metrics.
- HARO can give you relevant topics. In which Google is into when ranking a page.
HARO pricing, plans, and trial period
HARO has four different plans including:
- BASIC for Free with three times a day media opportunities sent to your mail.
- STANDARD for $19/mo with everything in the BASIC, plus one Keyword alert for better media opportunities, one more profile for pitches, Text Alerts, and Search online get the active media opportunities.
- ADVANCE for $49/mo with everything in the STANDARD, plus three keyword alerts for better media opportunities, three more profiles for pitches, and a Head start alert for a perfect pitch.
- PREMIUM for $149/mo with everything in the ADVANCE, plus Unlimited keywords for better media opportunities, Unlimited profiles, and active supports thru phone and email.
As content strategy earns the most of the backlinks, it is good to know which tools can help you gather the best information for content enhancement.
Hunter is the best tool for looking and finding contact information. It is convenient and reliable to use. A good reason why a lot of marketers use this tool. Here are the other highlights of what Hunter can do:
- It has a Chrome extension that you can activate on your prospective site to pull out their email address.
- Hunter can validate emails in bulk before sending your outreach campaign to the incorrect emails.
- You can get your prospect’s email addresses from their LinkedIn URL.
- You can validate sources of email addresses if reliable.
- You can do a bulk view of email addresses with Hunter’s Google Sheets add-on. It is perfect for big organizations and companies.
Hunter pricing, plans, and trial period
Hunter has five different plans including,
- FREE. Hunter has no trial period, but you can enjoy the tool with 50 search results and 50 email verifications for $0/mo.
- STARTER for $49/billed monthly with 500 searches and 500 email verification plus, domain search full results and exports, and campaigns premium features.
- GROWTH for $99/billed monthly with 2,500 searches and 2,500 email verification plus, domain search full results and exports, and campaigns premium features.
- PRO for $199/billed monthly with 10,000 searches and 10,000 email verification plus, domain search full results and exports, and campaigns premium features.
- ENTERPRISE for $399/billed monthly with 30,000 searches and 30,000 email verification plus, domain search full results and exports, and campaigns premium features.
You can always start with the FREE and upgrade your plan to any when you are ready.
GroupHigh is an online program that helps individuals to look for the best influencers and bloggers in their chosen niche. It looks similar to Buzzstream, but it has a tool for outreach management and builds a relationship with prospective links.
How does GroupHigh help you with your link building?
With their over 15 million profiles, GroupHigh helps you select the best blogger to write for your campaign. We all know how contents impact the growth of an operation.
GroupHigh pricing, plans, and trial period
GroupHigh doesn’t post or publicize its pricing, plans, or trial period. However, they are active to speak with each customer to give them the best package based on their needs.
BuzzStream helps marketers who are struggling with the outreach process. It is a must-try tool that provides you an inbox to check and make follow-up messages. What makes it cool is that you can use this BuzzStream to find blogs.
Check My Links
Check My Links is a Google Chrome extension that crawls in a site to look for broken links. The creator invents this extension for content creators, web designers, and developers a better user experience.
What is best about this tool is it serves as a content marketing tool that gives you cues to opportunities because of dead links and broken links. Here are the other features of Check My Link:
- The extension tool is straightforward.
- You can pull out links from a specific domain.
- You can set an auto-check option to study the domain’s URL in your current tab.
- You can search broken links with hashtags, URLs with #, empty links, and anchor texts without href attribute.
- It can check new and previously broken links.
- Check My Link can scan Nofollow links.
What can I get from using Check My Links?
We can’t deny that we always look for what we can get from something. It is why people get interested in something. Just like Check My Link, I often hear about it. But you can get something out of using it. Here are the things you can get from Check My Links:
- It can help you to enhance your Link building and your user experience. Broken links and dead links hinder crawlers from getting to your website. Also, pages with errors increase the bounce rate of the page. Therefore your metrics and your SEO are at stake. Monitoring your broken and dead links can prevent you from future damages.
- Check My Links can help to suggest your content to various popular websites.
- It can give you opportunities to create new content. You can create or repurpose content to cover a deadlink.
Check My Link pricing.
This Google extension is free to use. You can’t compare Check My Link to other Large SEO tools out in the market. However, it is a cool SEO tool for beginners that are learning and starting their SEO journey.
Linkclump is a functional tool for faster acquisition and analysis of your links found on the web. A Google extension that looks like a bridge that transfers links and domain search results to your CRM, spreadsheet, or outreach tool.
Steps on how to use and install Linkclump
Remember that Linkclump gathers all data from around the web for your prospecting. It is surprisingly easy to use.
- Go to the Google Chrome web store and download Linkclump.
- Install the extension, and add it to Chrome.
- Set up and configure your Linkclump.
- Start gathering links.
Linkclump pricing, plan, or trial period
Linkclump is free to use. It is a productive tool excellent for starters and on low-budget. It is an extraordinary tool that can save you time, especially money. You can take a deep breath from the manual listing of URLs for your outreach.
SEOquake is also a Google Chrome extension for SEO parameters. It can give you quick access to analyze data of a specific site. Here are the other things that SEOquake can do:
- A fast on-page SEO audit
- It can check your internal and external backlinks.
- Can perform a real-time comparison of domains and URLs.
- You can export data into a .csv file or print it.
- It can give you a detailed report of all the keywords found on the page.
How to configure SEOquake?
For any tool, you must understand how to utilize its features for more productive results. Here’s how and which options to configure SEOquake.
- Quick options. This option is the drop-down choices you can find after clicking the gear icon.
- General preferences. In this tab, you can find the usual options of SEOquake.
- SERP overlay preferences. It contains the arrangement options for SERP results.
- SEOBAR. In this tab, you can find the configuration for the toolbar.
- Parameter configuration. In this option, you can select what parameters you want to get on the web.
Basic usage of SEOquake
Once you perfect utilizing your tool, you can take advantage of it. Here’s how to use SEOquake’s options.
- SEObar – once enabled, it can give you a quick analysis of all parameters found on the page.
- Panel – is where you can expand and see the information well.
- SERP overlay – provides the parameters found in each listing. The overlay can be found under the SERP results along with the sidebar option.
- Page SEO audit – is a section where your page will analyze its encoding, characters within the URL, title tags, meta description, ALT attributes, and HTML heading.
- Keyword density – is an analysis report of how many words are there on a page.
- Internal and External links – where you can find link reports to transfer as CSV files.
- Compare URLs and domains – This is a portion that gives you a quick comparison of domains and URLs.
SEOquake pricing, plans, trial period
Good news! This excellent tool for free. What’s also impressive is it supports other browsers like Internet Explorer, Opera, and Mozilla Firefox.
Top and Best Tools for Specific SEO Elements
Here is the table to give you a better understanding of software tools and what SEO elements suit their purpose.
|SEO Element||Best Software Tool|
In this Link building software review, we can say that different tools share one goal. It is to provide all SEO services that can help businesses grow. Ensure to understand that certain software tools have all in one capabilities and while others are best for specific elements in search engine marketing
To achieve success in the modern era, you need to create sustainable relationships, earn high quality links and a synergy of backlinks across all relevant web sources
Link building is not as easy as a blink of an eye. It needs time, effort and patience. You will reap results in the medium to long term after your campaigns are finalised.
Take a look at our content consutling service here
Monitoring online presence and making data driven decisions in business is at the core of Search Engine Optimisation, SEO.
Stay ahead of the competition and utilise on Google’s Data driven core web vitals. Cumulative layout shift, CLS is one of the core web vitals that is coming into effect in 2021. Is your website optimised for CLS?
If you are on top of your game then you do understand the term CLS. If not, here is your chance to get a good understanding of this metric before you completely get outranked in search engine results pages and lose web traffic.
Have you ever experienced reading an online article, then suddenly an ad or a message or social icon moves on to the exact point that you were on? This unexpected or sudden movement on the page is an example of cumulative layout shift.
Most web users find it disturbing and a cause for bad user experience. Consequently it has become an element that needs to be dealt with in order to offer a positive user experience and as such a ranking factor in Google’s search rankings.
Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)
Sudden movement usually happens when resources are loading. Elements such as fonts, images, videos, or even your contact forms lead to shifting.
This could be as a result of how your site functions or your third-party content does not work as it is assigned. Google stated that there are several reasons why this happens.
- Images without dimensions
- Ads, embeds, and iframes without dimensions
- Dynamically injected content
- Web Fonts causing FOIT/FOUS
- Action waiting for a network response before updating DOM
Height and width dimensions are indicated in the HTML when using images and videos. You can use AspectRatioCalculator.com to check the ratios.
Cumulative Layout Shift scoring
Cumulative Layout Shift measures the total sum of all unique layout shifts that suddenly change throughout the website’s lifespan.
What is a good score?
CLS scoring starts from 0 to 0.25. The lower the score you get the more stable your layout is. A website needs to hit a score of 0.1 or below to provide a better user experience.
Layout shift happens any time when an element changes its position from another frame to the next. It is the result of two movements of impact fraction and distance fraction.
layout shift score = impact fraction * distance fraction
Impact Fraction measures how unstable an element is and affects the viewport space between frames. In the image below, you can see that it occupies the upper half of the viewport.
The image on the right shows the element change to 25% of the viewport height. The red rectangular trace symbolizes the combination of elements visible in a single frame.
The sum of the viewport is 75%. Its impact fraction is 0.75.
The distance fraction is the distance of the unstable elements moved either vertically or horizontally, split by the dimension (either width or height).
In this example, the unstable element moved vertically, affecting the height in the viewport. It fills 25% of the area of the frame, making the distance fraction 0.25.
Therefore, the impact fraction is 0.75, and the distance fracture is 0.25, so the layout score for the example is 0.75 * 0.25 = 0.1875.
How this affects your SEO campaign?
As mentioned, Google aims to give the best user experience for visitors. If people get annoyed and get irritated with ads and sudden screen pop ups, they will eventually leave the site.
High CLS Score will result in high bounce rates which is a clear indicator of irrelevant content and bad user experience.
Poor CLS will considerably slow the progress of your ranking if not adhered to. This problem needs to be fixed to avoid negative consequences.
In May 2020, Google launched an update regarding Page Experience indicating the addition of CLS as a contributor to SERP ranking factor.
Guide and checklist to improve your CLS
Here is what you need to implement as guidelines to improve your CLS.
- Do not forget to include pre allocated space for the late loading of your iframes, images or video elements attributes such as size and dimension. It ensures that the browser designates the right amount of space while the image is loading.
It is advisable to do a quick audit on general height or dimension for different elements, in order to cater for the unpredictable third party content
- Do not insert content above the existing content. In this way, you can avoid or lessen any unexpected layout shift.
- Select transform animation. It is to lessen the chance of layout shift upon loading. Animated transitions provide context and flow from one to another.
- Use font: display values like swap, auto, block, or optional. Also, preload your font before changing it to check if it will affect your scoring.
- Page speed. Optimize your page speed as it affects the responsiveness and scoring of your site’s CLS.
- Reassess and change the order that elements load on your page so that the main and most important content does not shift.
As Google launches updates to support their goal, we need to adapt and make changes accordingly. CLS will change website metrics eventually.
Strive to provide a great positive experience for your website users and get ranked high in SERPs.
How will you know if your backlinks are truly adding value? Should you really still be putting a lot of effort in quantity as opposed to quality links?
Here are tips, benefits, and how to assess your your link building strategy.
Why is SEO important?
Before we dig into assessing your campaign, let us review SEO, and why we need to build an effective and stable strategy.
The Internet is the most accessible way to find answers to any questions that people may ask. And for you to have the best-related answer, you have to click the top result in the search engine results page, SERP.
That is how SEO works. Search engines rank websites that offer the most relevant content to the search query.
SEO strategy offers an inbound traffic approach as opposed to a traditional marketing strategy which has interruptions and somewhat force to gain leads.
SEO targets an audience that takes an initiative to know more about your product or service.
SEO is cost-effective and efficient as you consequently produce good results without incurring hefty costs in promoting your product or service.
Build a good link building strategy.
Establishing a good and stable link building strategy makes you earn more fruitful results in the long run. The results of your campaign may be noticeable in the medium to long term.
What are the impacts of having a good link building foundation?
Build quality links which will give your company better credibility. This is a good indicator of your website domain’s authority. The more authoritative a website, the more quality links will direct to your website.
Links help you with your ranking
Google uses links to rank up your website. Links are essential to Google. Without link building, it is impossible to rank your site even if you have well-composed content. For you to be on top, have more quality links than your competitors.
Increase your website traffic
Link building is one of many ways to lure audiences. Choosing the right and relevant audiences to link from, will improve your website traffic. Website traffic is the number of visitors to your website.
If you have good website traffic, it surely implies your backlinking efforts are working.
SEO pulls other site metrics
Establishing link building will not just result in high web traffic but also will hit other metrics like your Domain Authority (DA), Domain Rating (DR), Page Rank (PR), Alexa Rank, and many more.
Hitting your metrics will lead you to a successful campaign.Sales opportunities
There are more sales opportunities for your product or service. Being ranked above the fold in SERPs gives you more visibility to potential customers.
visibility increases the click through rate on your webpage which inturn increases your business conversions.
Increase your brand exposure.
By engaging with an online audience through social media portals, your brand can easily get new inbound links.
Social research and reach out to potential power users that are fans of your company on your Facebook fan page, company Twitter account, or other social assets. This will in turn expose your brand to those in the same circle.
Good and Bad links
How will I know if links are good or bad? What will be the result of having a bad link?
SEO will show how links are necessary for your campaign and why you need it. Quality links are not easy to get. Remember, the harder it is to get one, the more valuable it is likely to be.
Checklist for good quality links
- Links from websites with real organic traffic
- Links from sites which have good amount of rankings keywords
- The referring domain has a good domain rating
- The referring site is HTTPS secure
- Links from sites which are mobile friendly and load fast
- Links from complementary and relevant industries
- A natural mix of anchor text
- Using exact match keywords naturally and not too often
- A backlink that flows naturally in the content
- Links from websites which are not spammy and low quality
- Backlinks from websites which do not have too much advertising and pop ups
- Backlinks from relevant web pages
- Links from trustworthy websites
What makes a bad link? Here are the examples:
- Links from link directories with no value content
- Links that are associated with explicit content or unethical practices.
- Links from irrelevant websites
- There are too many links in the body of content. It can distract the main links.
- Broken links or 404 links
- Unnatural links
- Global links that connect to your website.
- Links from a low Domain Authority website
- Links from a thin content page or low-quality content
- Backlinks from penalized website
Assessing your Backlinks
You can always use a different SEO tool to know if you are dealing with a good or bad link. Here are some tools that can help your assessment process much simpler.
Conduct your assessment.
Ahref is one of the SEO tools you can use to conduct an assessment. You can follow these steps to check if your backlink is good or not.
- Create and log in to Ahref
- Do a simple analysis using site explorer. You can use both prefix and domain under dropbox.
- Compare your backlink profile. It will show you the result of Backlinks and Referring links.
- Check your Backlink acquisition rate. The graph will let you know the historical profile of your backlinks over time.
- Look for wasted backlinks to your site. Check your Referring domain as well as 404 not found pages.
- Review the full report. Take immediate actions to fix sites.
It is not easy to conduct a backlink assessment. However, Often doing it, you will learn a lot and might discover new techniques.
Dofollow and Nofollow links
Links are references of data where users follow by clicking. It is the essential key in Link building.
There are two kinds of links: Dofollow and Nofollow links. What makes them different from each other?
Dofollow links are an HTML property used to allow search bots to follow the links.
If a webmaster created a link connected to your site, the search engine bots and people who visit the site can follow you. It makes your website credible.
Google can figure out the number of users linked to your website. This way, Google can identify which website is good and not. The more Dofollow links, the more points you will earn to be on top rank.
Dofollow links will help you to increase your ranking, earn points, and raise your link juice. Those will help you to get your website highly ranked in SERP. However, gaining a follow link from a reputable website is more fruitful.
H3 Nofollow links
On the other hand, Nofollow links do not allow search engine bots to follow your links. And this link does not pass on link juice for your website. However, It can help you to increase your website traffic.
Nofollow links will not harm your website if you want to use them. They help to boost PR for your page. But it depends on where the link is and the quality of it. It is best to place it at the beginning of the content as it gives impact and emphasis to it.
How to identify a link type
- On the web page, right-click and select the view source. In the source code, find your site name and comments. You can now tell what type of link is there.
- You can download useful extensions for your browser to check whether it is Dofollow or Nofollow.
Google 2020 update for Nofollow links
Before, Nofollow links used to be a command. Currently, it is a recommendation. Google considers Nofollow as necessary. It gives links credit, identifies them as spam, or uses them for several ranking purposes.
The update included:
- Nofollow links are not for rankings or indexing.
- Nofollow links are used as hints for ranking a website as of September 10, 2020.
As of March 2, 2020, Google uses Nofollow links as a hint for crawling.
Benefits of links
Any link will help you to get traffic for your website. Quality links are your pathways to show your content.
Also, it can give you a better amount of traffic. The more traffic you get, the more benefits you can get from it.
Some links will allow you to get a better conversion, sales lead, and even a Dofollow link.
Ways to build high-quality backlinks
Building quality links for your campaign is not that simple. It will take effort and time investment to earn a better result. Here are some ways to help you build quality backlinks.
Build public relations.
Establishing a relationship with the audience will help you produce backlinks. Joining groups and communities related to your niche will give your website exposure. Guest blogging is also a better way of earning backlinks.
Write well-structured content.
A well-composed content is your key to generating backlinks. Content should be pleasing and compelling to the readers. Also, it should be lively by use of infographics or related photos. In that way, you may help the readers understand your message.
Study your competitors.
It is not spying on your competitors but to give you an idea of how backlinks work. Studying the techniques will help you decide which field you should work on more.
Most of the people prefer to look at a summary. Creating infographics for your website will help the audience to understand your message in a single sight. You can add a link to your infographic connecting to your website.
Product/Service reviews or Testimonies will give your website credibility and trust. Somehow, it allows you to increase the number of prospective customers. You may include your website to generate links.
Engage with a relevant blog post.
It is another better way to build a relationship. Commenting on a blog post will help you in the future. They might help you to share or promote your website. They may be your instrument to gain more traffic and increase your brand awareness.
Create your Social Media account.
People spend more time on their social media account. Therefore, it is a better medium to promote and expose your business. Visibility will help you earn more traffic and backlinks.
Whitehat Link building
You might read and hear the word white hat link building. It is the approach of giving the website more traffic through search engine optimization (SEO) techniques.
It includes SEO methods with positive strategies for increasing traffic and an audience in a natural way. White Link building follows the rules established by search engines like Google.
Using the white link building allows you to flow your ranking smoothly without the feeling of worry. Websites get penalized if they did not follow the rule.
What is the importance of White Link building?
What does a white hat SEO do with your backlinks? It has a lot to do with your backlinks. Everyone will benefit from using the White hat SEO.
Google encourages people to use the Search engine to look for answers in a quick snap. Here are some advantages you can get from using White link building.
- It can improve your rankings. Following best practices will give you a good result. Best practices like matching keywords to your landing page, writing good content, and receiving quality backlinks will increase your SERPs ranking.
- Cost-effective marketing strategy. White hat SEO saves you money in the long term. Running a Digital marketing campaign requires investment both time and money. The result will not show immediately.
- Prepare your site for updates. As time passes by, we do not know what Google’s next big update will be. But keep in mind that Google always aims to provide the best customer experience.
Ignoring White Hat SEO
What will happen if you ignore the White Link building? Your business might suffer or lose. All of your time and investment in building your backlinks will be useless. That is something that we do not want to happen.
Black hat SEO
People use Black hat SEO tactics for their website to achieve the result in a short period. They ignore the rules and guidelines for building quality links.
It is very tempting for some that do Black hat SEO since you do not have to wait for years to see the results.
However, you might get penalized.
Google algorithm update has ways to determine these actions. Here are some techniques you should not use:
- Duplicate content. Aside from Plagiarism, having the same content is not a good practice.
- Irrelevant or meangless content. These contents are not helping the audience and will lead to a high bounce rate.
- Keyword stuffing. It is considered web spam and not advisable to use.
- Spamming links is posting out-of-context links everywhere like websites, discussion forums, and blog comments. It can harm your website.
- Irrelevant landing pages. It is to make the page rank, but the keywords do not match or are irrelevant.
- Hidden text is a text displayed in such a way as to be invisible or unreadable. It manipulates Google’s search rankings and recognizes them as spam.
There is no such shortcut in every success. Building a business yields overtime. At the same time, you are establishing characters like credibility, reputation, and trust.
Do not try the black hat practices. Google can crumble all of your time and effort in a few minutes. You can try the following best practices to include in your campaign.
- Build a relevant landing page and keywords
- Compose content that is helpful and unique
- Seek out backlinks from reliable sites only
- Know your audience and what they need
- Stay updated with Google’s guidelines and updates
Following Google’s guidelines will not harm you but will help everyone grow and benefit from it.
Content and Backlinks
As you notice, content always drops in every backlink topic. What is their connection? In acquiring quality links, you need a full stuffed article or content that will satisfy the audience.
Content Relevance and its usefulness
Content is your linking relationship to your audience. If your content gives the information that your audience wants, it builds trust. Trust from your audiences makes your site gain credibility.
Content relevance is about your audience’s understanding of your content. Also, it is how the web user finds the content.
In SERPs priority is given to content that is informative, engaging, and helpful to the search intent.
Always remember that users who visit your site have one goal. It is to learn something about that keyword.
What can SEO metrics tell you about your backlinks.
SEO metrics are your guidelines to measure your campaign progress. Also, metrics used to compare and track performances. Here are some of the SEO metrics that you need to monitor.
Organic traffic is those visitors from a search engine like Google that you attract without an advertisement.
It is one of the powerful indicators of backlink performance. An increase in website visitors will result in improving your ranking. The quality of search traffic will depend on keywords.
How to track Organic traffic
SEO tools make our work simple and effective. There are platforms for managing backlinks. One of the tools that you can use is Google Analytics.
For tracking your Organic traffic using Google analytics:
- Log into your dashboard.
- Then click ”Add segment.”
- Choose ”Organic traffic” and hit ”Apply.”
- You will see organic traffic as a percentage of total traffic.
Next is to monitor how many of those visitors will turn into leads? You may include the following goals to track, identifying which visitors are leads.
- Email signups
- Phone call inquiries
- Form submissions queries
Knowing what the visitor’s intention is, you can help them decide by highlighting what they can get from your product or service.
How to track your Conversion rate
Conversion rate is the percentage of website visitors converted to become lead. To track your Conversion rate using Google analytics:
- You need to set up your Goals
- Add the organic sessions segment to see organic metrics.
- Navigate down to Conversions -> Goal Overview.
The search engine will show a list for that keyword search when an audience searches for a specific keyword. Keyword rankings give you more than information on your domain’s performance.
How to track your keyword rankings
You can track and analyze your keyword ranking using Keyword Explorer.
- Paste in your website URL into Keyword Explorer
- Choose the country where your audience is
- Hit the ”Analyze” button
- You will see the result of Top Ranking Keywords.
- On the left panel, Click Ranking Keywords to view more keywords.
- You will see all the keywords your site is ranking.
- You can add your competitors to see how you’re doing against them.
One of the indicators to show if your SEO is working, is the number of your backlinks. Tracking your backlinks and referring domains will get you an idea of how effective your strategy is.
You can use SEMrush to check your Referring Domains:
- By clicking the number in the ‘Backlinks’ column next to a specific anchor, you will see the referring domain.
- You can check the ‘Backlinks’ report and see a complete list of backlinks used as anchor text.
You might hear the familiar word ”Domain Authority”. It is how they determine the trustworthiness of a site.
Websites scaled from f 0-100 based on links, brand mentions, etc. The higher the site’s DA, the more authoritative it is. You can use Moz or Ahrefs to check the DA of a specific website.
Organic landing page
If you are working to improve your backlink, you may consider your landing page. It is the destination page that appears in response to clicking a result in SERPs.
Tracking your landing page will help you to discover more opportunities for your campaign.
How to track your organic landing page
You can use a Google Analytics account for this:
- Log on to your Google Analytics account.
- Go to “Behavior” > “Site Content” > “Landing Pages”
Audiences look for a website with a page that pops out the page in a flash rather than waiting. If they might think that the page is not working. You can lose that opportunity.
Page speed is essential to users because it becomes the first impression of the user. That is the first experience that you can offer to the users.
Don’t confuse ”site speed” and Page Speed. On the other hand, Site speed is how quickly users can see and interact with your site’s content.
How to track your page speed
Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool is one of the tools you can use to monitor your page speed. Also, it gives suggestions and improvements that you can follow.
DNS Errors and Server errors are an example of site crawls errors that hinder your website ranking up. If you encounter crawl errors, fix them ahead of time.
How to track Crawl error
You can use the Google search console to check if you have crawl errors.
It is good practice to include checking crawl errors in your site’s maintenance schedule to avoid further damage.
As days and years pass by, SEO is getting complicated in assessing and measuring success. It takes persistence and creativity, the results will follow.
But always remember that any strategy or plan executed for development is an advantage. Time and patience are the most effective investments in digital marketing.
Technical SEOOn Page SEOOff Page SEO
Many SEO experts can neglect the initial foundation and planning phase of a client’s SEO strategy and performance thereof. This is why it is essential to conduct a full and extensive SEO and website audit on the website PRIOR to any work being done.
In this series you will benefit from the below points:
- Understanding what an SEO audit is at its core
- What not to do in an audit
- The fault being free & automated SEO audits
- A list of great tools to use for the audit process
- What aspects to cover in a full SEO audit
- A free SEO audit template with actionable points
- How to be the best
Estimated read time:
What is an SEO audit?
An SEO audit is an in-depth analysis and study of a website’s inner workings, structure and overall ability to achieve its objectives.
I always break it down into these two easy points to remember:
- Understand that a human being will convert on your website (achieve the desired goal)
- But, Google has to be able to effectively show your website to humans in order for them to convert.
Google has to be able to access, crawl and show your websites to your audience in order for your audience to engage your website. For this process to happen, there are many tick boxes which need to be checked from a search engine perspective.
Technical VS Creative
When I mention creative, I am not speaking about the ability to design or implement layouts etc. I am referring to the ability to engage the user in a creative manner which is out the box and appealing.
The technical side refers to all of the signals (tick boxes) which Google will look at when analysing your website.
The creative side comes in when you implement types of content in the form of content, page title tags and descriptions, image selection, the flow of the pages, internal linking as well as the overall hierarchy of your website. There are many other points which fall into the creative silo which we will get to in the series.
Let’s run through some great tools to get the job done well.
These days, there are a million tools our there for anything you could possibly need to get done in the digital world. One thing I will say upfront is that any ‘quick fix’ tools or tools which promise some form of instant results in any area of SEO are generally bad and do not offer any value.
You get what you pay for with SEO tools and quick fixes never work. There are many great tools which are free to use and offer great value. Below is a short list of some audit tools to use and ones which are popular when conducting an SEO audit on a website.
The Best SEO Audit Tools
Free and PaidAdvanced website crawler tool which gives you the ability to access every element of a website’s existence. The technical capabilities of this tool are really great and have been around for a long time.
Not only does screaming from show you every possible aspect of On Page SEO, URL structure, response codes and so much more, you can also analyse structure data all in one place and connect your Google account too. Very powerful!
PaidDetailed Google penalty and Google update checker. Fruition links to your Google analytics account and checks your domain directly against every Google update, penalty update or core algorithm change.
This tool offers great insight and excellent visual elements to help you understand any impacts on your website whether they are positive or negative. This tool should be in any SEO’s toolbox regardless of whether you are running SEO audits or services in general.
PaidIn my opinion, one of the best backlink profile and keyword research tools ever to exist is Ahrefs. Ahrefs gives you the ability to analyse every aspect of your website’s entire backlink profile and link types.
This tool also gives you advanced insights into your competitors traffic, rankings and backlinks. Their keyword research tools (keywords explorer) is my favourite research tool by far and is, in my opinion, the best keyword research tool on the market.
PaidComprehensive and full suite all in one SEO tool which has incredible site audit features, visuals, toxic link analysis and great content ideas. Known to be very easy to use, SEMrushes’ ability to identify toxic links and give you the opportunity to analyse them and submit them to Google for the disavow process directly from the SEMrush dashboard is really handy and easy to use.
The reporting options and reporting templates from SEMrush are visually engaging, easy to use and very comprehensive. This is a must have tool for any SEO audit.
FreeComprehensive website speed checker and page load time testing tool. This tool offers core insights into advanced load time metrics and data both from the client side (user) and the server side.
Google mobile friendly test
FreeExcellent mobile friendly testing tool analysing responsiveness, mobile load time, mobile layout and distances of buttons, images and text. Easily identifies sites which are or are not mobile friendly. A nice addition to this tool is that Google give you a detailed breakdown of what is needed to improve and fix any mobile errors which show up.
Google analytics and Google Search Console
FreeThese need zero introduction or explanation!
The Three Main Elements of an SEO Audit
Many companies work differently, and the reality is that some do take advantage of the fact that there are some tools which offer automated auditing and produce pretty looking results and reports.
However, it is not possible that this type of automated site audit can be comprehensive enough for the modern-day SEO audit. There needs to be a human element which is backed up by experience, knowledge, SEO insight as well as an overall passion for the work.
Generally speaking, an SEO audit will cover the following three core pillars in the SEO world which are then divided and broken down into multiple tasks and to do lists within each pillar.
Website accessibility, search engine compliance, website speed and Googel best practice.a
On page SEO
What users see as in content, title tags, description tags, website URLs, headings, dupliate content and more.
Off page SEO
External linking, brand mentiones and backlinks from third party websites which point back to your site. Backlinks sit within the top 3 ranking factors.
In our series on SEO audits we are going to cover, in detail, the above three essential pillars in the SEO audit process. This will help you understand each element and then how they all work together to make for a great SEO audit.
Post that, we will wrap everything up into how an audit project should be wrapped up in terms of documentation of the findings, next steps and various action plans.
We are a specialist search engine optimisation company operating in and around London, Uk.
POST UPDATED ON WEDNESDAY, 10TH JUNE 2020:
No one needs a reminder about the impacts of Covid-19. In fact, many people are completely tired of hearing the world wide economic hits we have all taken. Origionally, I wrote this post roughly two month prior to various elements of life returing to some sort of normality.
Today, we are experiencing the slow but steady increase in business generation, the opening of shops and non essential outlets. Finally!
But, the questions around investing heaviliy into your online marketing is still a serious one. Many people are now being forced to fast track their strategies and come up with marketing budget because they were not steadily chipping away durin glockdown.
Let’s take a look at how SEO and digital in general is being used in the slow awakening of the business world.
Economic data in the ‘new normal’
Sources indicate that in the United Kingdom alone there has been a 2% drop in overall GDP during the first quarter of 2020. SOm eare comparing it to the great economic crash experienced in 2008.
Non essential offerings such as malls, entertainment sectors and non-food retail took the heaviest knock of all. What was once enjoyed in modern day retail foot traffic has now seen a decrease of a minimum of 75%. According to Commosnlibrary, the bank of England projects the unemployment rate to rise to a minimum of 9% toward the second quarter of this year which is a 5% increase since the pandemic.
What is the pandemic we are facing right now?
For several years, scientists and medical experts have been fighting, not one but a widespread of diseases all over the world. From the Bubonic Plague that killed nearly two hundred million people between 1346 and 1353, to the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918 and now the COVID-19 that started in December 2019, every one of these has affected the lives greatly.
The COVID-19 started early in December 2019 in Wuhan and spread incredibly quickly. From being an Epidemic in china to spreading all over the world, the COVID-19 took several lives and greatly affected the economy of several countries.
It was declared as a pandemic by WHO in March 2020, by the end of which the world had witnessed half a million infected people with nearly thirty thousand deaths. The virus continues to infect everyone it comes in contact with and has become the primary concern throughout the world.
The outcome of any pandemic is impossible to predict. While the cholera pandemic lasted eight years and killed nearly a million people, the HIV pandemic took seven years to cause the death of thirty-six million people.
The worst was the black death Bubonic Plague that lasted seven years and killed approximately seventy-five to two hundred million people. You never know how long COVID-19 is going to last and how many lives it may take with it.
Why shouldn’t you stop SEO services during this pandemic?
This would be the WORST TIME for you to stop your SEO Strategy!
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization, and it helps a business in improving a brand’s search engine ranking. It optimizes a website to get unpaid or organic traffic from search engine results.
Every company’s website has content that describes the business, the products, and services offered by them. With the help of SEO services, the websites gain more exposure and experience more traffic.
How the SEO works is a complex topic as it has several different factors impacting its ranking, one of them being content marketing that is integrated with SEO. The Google organic search has been greatly impacted by the pandemic COVID-19.
The outbreak has resulted in businesses and economies all over the world, shifting their support towards human health, and attempting to slow the infection rate.
COVID-19 has significantly changed online search behaviour as well as the type of content that search engine displays as a result. Google aims to provide the best possible result, which comes with expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness (E-A-T), especially with YMYL or ‘Your Money, Your Life’ kind of search queries.
Life takes priority over everything else when a pandemic hits. With pandemic, every business takes a hit, and predictions of economic collapse start to surface. A lot of people start to believe that there is not much left to do and give up.
But do you know that you can still use SEO as a useful tool to sustain your business and not wait for the pandemic to end?
Take the chance and show some empathy
Every business has a human side to it, and when the pandemic hits, it is time to show your human side to your customers. Words like ‘we care,’ ‘we understand’ and such have often been used in article creation.
It is time you show that you mean it. Make sure that the content you share with them lets them know that you care, and you understand what they are facing.
If your company is helping a community during this time of need, make sure to share it in the newsletter.
Start advancing on your brand
SEO is a branding tool, but the trick is knowing how to use it during a pandemic. People are more worried about their jobs and lives than show any interest in your products or services. People worry; it doesn’t mean that they are not online.
Most people start to look for content on COVID-19. Use SEO services to ensure that your brand shows up in the content. You can share safety messages with your brand or product visible.
Make sure to optimize the keywords to relate to safety during a pandemic, and do not share any humorous memes.
Create awareness among consumers, and a distance between you and competitor
If your business has anything to do with products that are needed during a pandemic, then make use of this to create awareness. Nothing remains intact in the minds of people during a pandemic than a company that shows care and responsibility.
Every day, things such as toilet paper, hand wash, soaps, disinfectants, and so on are becoming a necessity and people will remember them, but they will also remember a competitor brand.
Use SEO services to stay on the top.
Make use of content marketing that tells your customers that you care and create a distance between you and your competitor.
Even if your company does not provide essentials, find ways to be noticed by offering content that helps customers during the time of need. Make sure to optimize keywords and give yourself a head start before your competitor joins the race.
Invest in long-term marketing strategy
It is a time when everything is uncertain, starting from the future of a business to the lives of people. Cuts will have to be made as the future shows certain signs of recession. It is ideal to invest in long-term marketing rather than look for opportunities to make short term profits. The ideal tool to fulfil long term goals is SEO.
The pandemic has no defined end, but it surely has an end. When it does, you must be prepared to receive your customers. Until then, develop a content marketing strategy, and with the help of SEO services, establish yourself as the brand that every customer seeks.
Today or tomorrow, the pandemic has to end. But customers who are stuck inside their homes have ample time to browse and build a perception about a brand or a company that they find online.
Don’t wait for the pandemic to be over to start your SEO work; your competitor may already be a step ahead of you